On the 24th of January 2020, I will talk on the DevConf 2020 conference with a topic of Most useful browser APIs. I will show a lot of exciting and important features of modern browsers:
- I will make a brief overview of the browser storages – LocalStorage, SessionStorage, IndexedDB, and one framework example, Dexie.js.
- How to handle files in the modern web apps by Drop and FileReader
- Parallelization with WebWorkers
- Making app real-time with WebSockets and antipattern of the heartbeat of long-polling + example of working with raw API vs. working with Socket.io.
- All about <canvas/> and its 2D context through making a simple game with physics!
- Few sentences about supercool technologies WebGL, WebVR
- And a small but vital API to make a game – Pointer lock API.
I will welcome any comments and notes to the presentation: